Saturday, December 1, 2012

Saturday Morning Cartoons 12/01/2012

Saturday Morning Cartoons
I was talking to a coworker recently about when she went to college with one of the kids from You Can't Do That On Television. She had a lot of insight on the show and about Alanis Morissette which my coworker did not share with me. Hmmm...

Anyway, that got us talking about the shows back then and Saturday Morning Cartoons. What happened to them? Are there still Saturday Morning Cartoons? I wanted to check this morning but I had errands to run. I was going to post these two cartoons this morning as well but, when I came home from the errands, it's already noon. So, for the first "Saturday Morning Cartoon" post on Saturday Afternoon, I'm proud to present David the Gnome and The Real Ghostbusters. Found on youtube. Thank you BRB International and tenthplanet1995 for uploading.

Why did I start with these two episodes and not post them in order? To simulate the Saturday Morning Cartoons experience in the 80's and early 90's. When I was a kid, I didn't really care which episode I started on because I didn't have a comprehensive schedule or an episode guide. If we missed the episode in syndication, the network might not rebroadcast it. The best way to keep and rewatch these shows were to record them with VCR.


No comments:

Post a Comment