Wednesday, June 6, 2012

R.I.P. Ray Bradbury (1920-2012)

The highly influential author Ray Bradbury passed away at the age of 91 on June 5, 2012. To label him as just a Sci-Fi author does him a lot of discredit. Being able to convey human nature and emotions through his writing which we can all relate to, makes him one of the greatest authors who ever lived. He had received numerous awards through his huge catalog of creative and thought provoking stories. Even one of the awards was named after him, The Science Fiction Writer's Association (SWFA) Award. How influential can one get?!

A bit on Ray Bradbury on the main page of his site:
RayBradbury.com

I used to hate reading when I was younger and Ray Bradbury was one of the authors who got me into books. I started out watching TV shows based on his writing. Then eventually, I started reading his short stories and books. Aside from Fahrenheit 451 or The Martian Chronicles, I knew him through the original Twilight Zone's I Sing the Body Electric, the 80's Twilight Zone's The Burning Man and the Ray Bradbury Theater. After the "JUMP!" are a couple of Ray Bradbury adapted teleplays that stood out for me (the ones I can find on youtube).










No comments:

Post a Comment