Sunday, November 6, 2011

Warping Time (sort of)

Hello Youtubes!

Over here in the U.S. we are at the end of Daylight Saving Time and returning to Standard Time. It means we turn our clocks back one hour (fall back, spring forward). The way I see it, I get an extra hour of sleep or, I'm time traveling back an hour and with that hour gained, I get a second chance at something or another. Kind of like Back to the Future. Which by coincidence, the flux capacitor was conceived by Doc Brown on November 5, 1955 and we turn our clocks back at 2am on November 6th hmm (eyebrow raised)? If only I can figure out what it is I want a second chance at. Anyway, on the subject of warping time... as we turn our clocks back, it's kind of like time traveling and isn't that like folding time? Kind of like how the Battlestar, Galactica warp space and time as it "jumps?" I'm really REACHING here! I just want to make a connection with turning the clocks back and how the composer for Battlestar Galactica, Bear McCreary finds exciting ways to "warp" his music. Bear McCreary is the most exciting composer working in television right now. Aside from Battlestar Galactica, you can also find his music on The Walking Dead. Check out the video below as he plays the entire composition of "Prelude to War" on an accordion. A frakking accordion! I wonder if Steve Urkel has that type of accordion skill?



The original "Prelude to War" composition:


Bear McCreary also has a blog. He updates it regularly and talks about how he comes up with ideas on his music. If you like Battlestar Galactica, The Walking and Human Target I highly recommend checking out his blog:
Bear McCreary Official Site

And if you are a fan of Daylight Saving Time:
Daylight Saving Time

No comments:

Post a Comment