Friday, August 19, 2011

Do Not Forsake Me, Oh My Darling - Episode 1: Arrival

The Prisoner

As some of you might know, I'm still migrating certain posts from my Livejournal site, Groggy Robot. This is one of those posts that I must migrate and has to be mentioned more than once. Local Boston Band, Do Not Forsake Me, Oh My Darling's video for their song, EPISODE 1: ARRIVAL, pays homage to the 1960's U.K. show, the Prisoner. The video is an amazing shot-for-shot remake of the show's opening filmed by Michael J. Epstein (bass) and his crew. What makes this video extra awesome for me is that all the settings are filmed locally, here in the Boston area. It's pretty uncanny how the Boston shots are similar to the original U.K. setting. The star of the video is the vocalist and drummer of the band, Sophia Cacciola. Which today happens to be her birthday! So, feel free to pop onto the Do Not Forsake Me, Oh My Darling's Facebook page and wish Sophia a "Happy Birthday!" You can wish Michael J. Epstein a "Happy Birthday" too if you want.

Facebook:
Do Not Forsake Me, Oh My Darling

Youtube:
TheMotionSick

Website:
donotforsake.com

And if you are in the Boston area tonight (8/19/11), Do Not Forsake Me, Oh My Darling is playing at T.T. the Bear's Place, 10 Brookline St, Central Sq, Cambridge:
T.T. the Bear's Place

Do Not Forsake Me Oh My Darling - Comparison of Arrival Music Video

No comments:

Post a Comment