Sunday, March 4, 2012

R.I.P. Ralph McQuarrie

Looking onward to the far horizon with a sense of romance and adventure...
"My destiny is out there."
R.I.P. Ralph McQuarrie
Ralph McQuarrie Remembered

Ralph McQuarrie was best known for his Star Wars concept designs. That's only a part of this amazing artist's vision. You can check out his fantastic gallery here:
ralphmcquarrie.com

I am at the age where most of my childhood heroes are at their twilight years or braving towards that season. When I was young, they'd shown me the magic and adventures that awaited for me in life but, it always come with some sort of price. Some times these trade offs are harsh and unjustifiably cruel. Thus, lessons of consequences and responsibilities are learned. As I got older it seems as though these lessons gets tougher but, I wear their bravery as armor and I wield their inspiration as artillery.

Ralph McQuarrie, my school notes are full of doodles because of you. I can't stop sketching and painting because of you. Without you, the world would never be able to experience dreams turned into reality:

No comments:

Post a Comment