Sunday, March 18, 2012

Mercy Roulette

Hello Youtubes!
Photo Credit: Kevin Cool
On this edition of Hello Youtubes! I like to talk about a brilliant local artist. The marvelous Mercy Roulette is a talented vocalist in the Boston, MA area. Mercy is a great example that talent and quality exists on youtube and that Boston is not just about bad traffic and crazy sports fans. Well, not all crazy sports fans are bad.Go Celtics! Anyway, I first met Mercy at Boston ComicCon when she cosplayed as Ms. Marvel. At the time, I didn't know she's the lead singer of the local band, Evince Ethos. I am honored to have met such a cool and talented artist. In the embedded video you can see how talented Mercy is as she covers Evanescence's "My Immortal". Not only can she sing, she can also play the keyboard... awesomely well!


My favorite Mercy Roulette piece is her cover of Beowulf's (Robert Zemickis)"A Hero Comes Home". Not only did she cover a tough song, she did it a capella and made it her own as she skillfully and beautifully mixes both Idina Menzel's and Robin Wright Penn's versions. Mercy Roulette, you are my hero!

Mercy Roulette's Links:
Mercy on Fandalism

Madame Mercy on Facebook

Madame Mercy on Twitter

Evince Ethos Links:
Evince Ethos on Facebook

Evince Ethos on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment